Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Nerd-off

In another departure from the historic format of the Mark and Chuck Channel, I'd like to just take a moment and brag about the fact that I recently found out that I passed the Professional Engineering exam I took back in April. That's right, from now on the state of California officially endorses any crazy contraption I come up with. Suckers. Yesterday I received in the mail my seal and embossing tool, along with a very official looking 'Mechanical Engineer' identification badge, which I'm apparently supposed to carry on my person at all times. I want to get one of the little leather things that the plain-clothes cops always keep their badge in in the movies and then carry it around in the inside pocket of my jacket. I could walk up to people in any kind of situation, flash it at them and say 'Nothing to worry about - I'm an engineer'.

For the time being I'm just stamping and embossing everything I can get my hands on:

I plan on throwing a party to celebrate when I get back from my east coast bidness trip and all the guests (or at least the ones I deem mechanically sound) will get their hand stamped at the door.

This is also a softball for Mark - sometime in the not-too-distant future he's allegedly going to achieve the much-more-impressive feat of getting his doctorate. At that point I will have to relinquish my spot at the top of the nerd leader-board to Dr. Mark.

Dorkin' it up,
Chuck Horrell, PE



1 Comments:

Blogger Elli said...

Nice stamp. Congratulations, Chuck!!

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home