Saturday, June 11, 2005

Backlogging: Mark Draws First (Yellowtail) Blood

Below is the post that Mark put up on the local fishing boards on June 11th, after taking his girlfriend Marina out in La Jolla Cove:

Landed my first kayak yellowtail last night at about 5:50. We were dead north of the hotel, about 20 yards off the kelp and had just been passed by a pod of dophins when nervous bait started boiling in front of us. About 30 seconds later, my low line (about a 6" greenback) went off. The first run went deep and north, so I thought I was in the clear, but there were apparently plenty of submerged stringers in the area. After 10 nervous minutes of feeling the line pop through kelp during the runs, I had it in the yak.

The real kicker is that my usual copilot (Chuck) is at a wedding in NH -- my girlfriend got the assist this time. He'll be *pissed*.

Mark (in the big ugly white tandem)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home